Ready steal is indeed a good manufacturer of stains, they are serving the market for quite a long time and since they ensure top-notch quality, they are still stepping up with the market leaders. I won’t make you bored with saying boring things about the manufacturer.
Instead, I will tell you why exactly you should stick to ready seal stains. There are a bunch of brands that are good at producing stains,
Why should you choose stain from the ready seal? Is it the low price? Or Increased quality? Actually, there are a bunch of features that this brand offers and below I am going to tell you everything about them.
And then we will walk you through the 3 best Ready Seal Stain reviews so that you would have a clear picture of each model and that will help you to decide which one is for you.
Here you go!
Why Should You Choose Real Seal?
- Real seal stains don’t require any primer.
- These stains could be brushes, rolled and sprayed on the wood.
- No thinning or diluting is needed before spraying.
- It doesn’t require any back-brushing for even finish.
- Don’t need any wet-line application for perfect blending.
- No need to worry about temperature range can be applied at any normal temperature.
1. Ready Seal 510 Exterior Stain and Sealer for Wood (Editor’s Choice)
This is a stain for the fence but it is also suitable for patio covers, decks, wood siding, etc. as well. According to the users, this stain and sealer work incredibly.
Even some professionals also recommend this wood stain for the fence. This stain creates a durable coating which lasts for really long, like this, there are a bunch of features of this very stain which is discussed right below. Take a quick look!
Once you apply this stain on the wood surface that forms a high-quality seal and that stops all the moisture and other elements to penetrate inside the wood.
That means the wood you put this stain on is safe from water, UV rays, and other damaging elements. Having that said, this stain might not hold well in extreme weather conditions.
Ease of Use
This stain doesn’t require any primer, wet-line application for perfect blending, thinning, and back brushing.
Isn’t it so satisfying? You just clean the wood surface and apply, as simple as that. If you apply well and gently, you should get a good finish without back brushing.
Moreover, this strain can be sprayed, rolled, and brushed, making the applying process easier for you. And lastly, you won’t have to wait for days to get the stain dried, it dries really fast.
This Ready Sealer stain and sealer comes in three different colors, dark walnut, golden pine, and red wine. All these colors look stunning. One thing you need to know, otherwise you would start panicking.
The real color doesn’t come immediately after applying, it can take around 10 to 14 days to reach its real color, before that, you might see a dark color. And do not worry about the color fading, the color will remain the same for seasons.
This Ready Seal 510 Exterior Stain and Sealer is a really good stain and sealer without no doubt and the amount is pretty good as well, it is 5 gallons.
According to the features this model offers, the price is pretty fair according to professionals. But still, some people have a complaint regarding the price.
Wood finished products require multiple application processes such as cleaning, then adding stain and then adding the coating for sealing it.
With the Ready Seal 115 exterior stain and sealer, things get way too easier. It is a stain and at the same time sealer as well.
It is one of the top-rated stains and sealers of the market and it really offers satisfying performance.
Durability is a big concern when it comes down to stain and sealer, with this model you can expect to have long-lasting service. Take a look at the features.
You are going to get outstanding performance from this ready seal stain and sealer. The manufacturer has used top-notch materials in the construction which makes it extremely long-lasting and durable. The sealer pours deep and stops all the wood damaging elements such as UV rays, water, etc. to penetrate the wood. And the best part is a semi-transparent stain and it makes the wood grain visible that looks very classy.
Ease of Use
Using the process is extremely simple. You don’t have to do any priming and nor sanding. Just clean the wood surface with soapy water. You can use roller, sprayer or brush to apply the stain, the sprayer would be comfortable. You don’t have to do any back brushing for even finish, Plus, it doesn’t require any kind of wet-line application, it blends nicely on its own.
It comes in four colors, pecan, dark walnut, mission brown, and burnt hickory. All of these colors look good when they are applied on the wood surface.
You get the expected color right after applying, it can take around 10 to 14 days to reach its actual color. In the beginning, you will see a dark color.
Here comes another top-rated Ready Seal model, the ready Seal 112-1 can natural cedar exterior stain sealer.
This stain and sealer are also pretty much the same as the previous two models. The quality, the performance, everything is pretty much the same.
That being said, there are a few small changes which we are going to discuss below.
Patio cover, deck, fence, wood siding, shakes, gazebos, etc. This Ready Seal 112 1-Gallon Can Natural stain and seal is suitable for all of them.
If you apply the stain properly, it would last for years effortlessly.
Ease of Use
No complexity in the using process, very simple. You can spray, brush or roll. Spray and roll would be efficient and effective, if you are professional then brush should be okay as well. However, if you are using the sprayer make sure you don’t overspray.
Like the previous two models, this stain and seal doesn’t come in different colors, it only comes in Cedar color.
To be honest, Cedar color is what most people pick when it comes down to wood staining because it looks perfect. However, I should tell you again that the color would be dark immediately after applying the stain, to reach the true color it would take 10 to 14 days.
Additional Tips to Follow While Applying the Stain
When applying the stain and seal, there are a couple of things you need to learn. You won’t have to do priming or sanding or thinning, but an alternative of those, you have to do some other stuff. Take a look below!
- Before you apply the stain, make sure the surface is clean. Most of the time wood surfaces are filled with mildew, grease, oil, and dirt, these need to be removed. You can use soapy water with a cloth, then thoroughly clean the surface and make sure there is nothing left on the surface.
- Do not start applying the stain on the wood surface right after cleaning it. Once you have made sure that the surface is clean totally, then leave that for drying. Wood takes time to get dried completely, you have to wait for at least 48 to 72 hours. The wood should be dried properly within that time. You might need to wait for more if the weather is cold or rainy.
- Wherever you will be applying the stain if you are going to use a sprayer, make sure you cover everything around the wood item with a cloth or anything else. For example, if you are going to spray on the fence, cover all the plants around that with a drop cloth. And also make sure you don’t overspray.
- After applying the stain, you will see a dark color, don’t get panicked by that. The stain will need 10 to 14 days to reach its perfect color, you have to wait till that.
I hope these 3 ready seal stain reviews helped you to choose the right stain and seal for your outdoor wood items. These three models are really good, go to the user feedback section you will know by yourself.